BEHOLD! THE SUNSHINE AWARD!
I was nominated for this by Emma over at And Then I Woke Up. If you haven’t checked out her blog, you definitely should! Go hit it up! Awards like these are interesting to me because on the one hand, they’re sort of a big circle jerk, right? People who like each other’s work essentially pass each other something similar to a myspace survey from the days of yore (does anybody still use myspace? the other day, one of my professors said ‘blogging…does anybody still DO that?’ yeah! ME!) and attach a picture with it and it becomes an award. On the other hand, I really like the idea of people appreciating each other and engaging in any activity that builds community and a sense of togetherness, and I think this does that. And ultimately, I really enjoy that now I get to share this with ten other people and learn new things about them (if they accept) that I wouldn’t have before. I dig it! So I’m going to pass this around to ten of you who inspire or motivate me. If it’s not your cup of tea or you feel it’s too personal, I totally understand! But I appreciate and respect your work and wanted to share that. And Emma, thanks so much for sharing this with me! Here’s the directions and the Q&A
- Acknowledge the person who gave this award in a blog post.
- Do the Q&A below.
- Pass on the award to 10 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.
- Who is your favorite philosopher? I’m not picking just one! I was reading Sartre before bed last night, but I was reading Derrida before bed a few nights before that. I love de Beauvoir, Zinn, Chomsky, David Harvey, Marx, Foucault, Barthes. I read a lot of philosophy and linguistics and I think much of it intermingles. These are a few examples of things I read at night and on the weekends.
- What is your favorite number? 47 and it has been forever and I don’t know why. It ends up that 47 is also my boyfriends favorite number, which is one of those weird coincidences I really dig.
- What is your favorite animal? Llama. This stems from an episode of Sesame Street I saw as a kid where a child was brushing his pet llama’s teeth. There was a song that went with it. ‘Me and my LLAMA! Me and my LLAMA! we’re going to the dentist todaaaay!’ If anybody has a youtube clip of that, I’d love to see it again!
- What is your favorite time of day? Late evening, for sure. The day is ending for me, any chores or necessary things have been done, studying is either done or well on its way. If there is no studying, this is the time for fun or relaxation. Whatever the most pleasurable thing I feel like doing at any point in a day may be, it will be gotten to in the late evening.
- What are your Facebook and Twitter? My blog just got a Facebook page today, primarily for the Sunshine Award and so I could answer this question! Come on over and ‘like’ it and let’s talk about current events, things we cook, funny animals, and whatever we feel like. – This is a link to my twitter. You know how in Terminator he’s all ‘Come with me if you want to live?’. My twitter is basically ‘Follow me if you want to see me crack not-so-funny jokes, RT news, and have conversations with other feminists about body politics, capitalism, and hair dye’.
- What is your favorite holiday? My birthday. I know. It’s not even a holiday. But one of my best friends, Justin, was born on January 13th and I was born on January 31st. We have birthday quasi-palindromes and every year we throw an enormous and thoroughly ridiculous party called ‘The Double Daydream Rager’. It’s a day and a half of anything goes debauchery including glowsticks, hula hoops, costumes if you feel like it, booze, food, friends, maybe soccer in a field of glass. Who knows? ANYTHING GOES!!!!!
- What is your physical favorite activity? Canoeing. I would canoe all day every day if I could. In the summer, I’m always trying to get away for a weekend of hanging out in a canoe, beaching on tiny islands, drinking beer, telling stories and secrets and sharing, and then camping at the end of a long day.
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Diet Root Beer. I drink so much that I fear what it is doing to my insides. A&W brand to be precise.
- What is your passion? Learning about, examining and discussing the world around me. Working in any capacity I can or am able to help other women.
- What is your favorite flower? Honeysuckle! Is that a flower or is it part of a flowering plant? Does it matter? If it does, quit trying to boss me around, I like what I like!
And I’m going to pass this on to:
10. Lekker Lacquer
These are some of my favorite blogs to read and I hope you enjoy them as well!